Thursday, February 17, 2011

What do I do when I'm lost in the forest?


Stand still. The trees ahead
and bushes beside you
Are not lost. Wherever you are is called Here.
And you must treat it as a powerful stranger.
Must ask permission to know it and be known.
The forest breathes. Listen. It answers.
I have made this place around you.
If you leave it you may come back again.
saying Here.
No two trees are the same to Raven.
No two branches are the same to Wren.
If what a tree or a bush does is lost on you.
You are surely lost. Stand still.
The forest knows
Where you are. You must let it find you.

- Northwest Native American Tradition translated by David Wagoner

1 comment:

  1. Very good blog! Do you have any helpful hints for aspiring writers?

    I'm planning to start my own blog soon but I'm a little lost on everything.
    Would you advise starting with a free platform like Wordpress or go for
    a paid option? There are so many choices out there that I'm totally confused .. Any tips? Thanks!
    Check out my website ; yourtobaccosstore.com

    ReplyDelete

Why Christian nationalists fear freedom

For years now a lot of us have been trying to understand why white evangelical voters remain so loyal to Donald Trump. I believe that the an...