Saturday, January 28, 2012

Power

I've never mentioned the picture up above, but it is from a place that I've visited often - Thunder Beach in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. This particular beach is right at the tip of the Baja Peninsula where the Pacific Ocean and Sea of Cortez meet.

I don't know if I'm unique in this, but waves like that have always stirred something primordial in me...I feel it in my gut. I'm moved by their beauty, awed by their power, and even have nightmares at times about their potential for destruction.

And so a video like this one absolutely mesmerizes me.



Leo Soderman, captured something similar in still photography.



His comment about it expresses my thoughts/feelings perfectly.

It shows the power of the waves out there, and the power of the surfer shredding them. And they are in harmony, not one against the other, but both creating a flow and a motion.

Mother nature is a wonderful teacher. There are some lessons to be learned in all of that. I think I'll just leave it to each of us to ponder them ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Christian nationalists fear freedom

For years now a lot of us have been trying to understand why white evangelical voters remain so loyal to Donald Trump. I believe that the an...