Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Just How Bad Have Things Gotten for the GOP?

You know things are bad for Republicans when...

Mitch McConnell is the voice of reason.
McConnell (R-KY) went on the record with Politico to tamp down fears that there would be a shutdown over Planned Parenthood funding...

In the meantime, he said he wanted to focus on more moderate goals that are achievable in the current landscape, like infrastructure funding and a cybersecurity bill.
And Bill Kristol starts talking about supporting a third-party candidate in 2016.
Bill Kristol, the editor of the Weekly Standard, said he would likely look beyond both of the major parties if Trump, the clear frontrunner in the GOP's crowded presidential field, emerged with the party's nomination.

"I doubt I'd support Donald. I doubt I'd support the Democrat," Kristol told CNNMoney in an email. "I think I'd support getting someone good on the ballot as a third party candidate."
Just sayin...

1 comment:

  1. might be of interest, not related to this topic:
    http://www.salon.com/2015/09/16/america_is_still_paying_for_w_afghanistan_iraq_and_our_looming_geopolitical_crisis_partner/

    Thanks for your blog.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete

Why Christian nationalists fear freedom

For years now a lot of us have been trying to understand why white evangelical voters remain so loyal to Donald Trump. I believe that the an...